Book Update #2
It’s been a couple of months now since I gave my last update on the progress of my book. As such, I feel now is as good of time as any to share more about my book. Truth be told, I’m getting pretty excited. While there’s still a ways to go in the process, things feel like they’re starting to come together a bit, which is always a positive.
First and foremost, let’s lead off with follow up on some of the bullet points I shared in my last update.
- When I wrote the post in March, the book was in the hands of an editor with my publisher. Two rounds of edits between the editor and myself later…and editing is officially done. As someone whose primary point of freaking out about the book process was worrying that an editor would tell me that my book either sucked or was poorly-written((neither of which happened)), the fact that this part of the process is over is huge news.
- Once the book releases, it will be available via Amazon both as an ebook and as a print book. I had shared the first part of that last time, however I was completely unsure what could be done in a print format. The fact that there will be a print version of the book means that something I was told back in 2011((A fellow blogger told me then that as she was reading my story, she couldn’t help but feel that she was bound to see my name as the author on a printed book one day. It’s admittedly a bit of a surreal thought.)) when I was making my first attempt at NaNoWriMo very well may be coming true.
- Serialization of the book prior to its release is tentatively scheduled to begin in early fall of this year. More information to come on that as I know more.
- As for where the book is at now, it’s with my publisher. Cover art is currently being worked on. I pitched an idea on the cover art to my publisher, however those of you who know me in real life are very aware that I have the artistic skills of a duck riding a washing machine((And now that image is going to be stuck in your head all day. You’re welcome.)). I’m very curious to see what the final result is. I’m 98% certain it won’t relate to my original idea at all, which may well be for the better. I could be wrong though.
So. What does this all mean?
It means a couple of things…
- If you are interested in reviewing the book, keep an eye out on this space for more information about how to do that. I know I will need some people to do some reviews prior to the book’s release, so any help here would be wonderful.
- If you would be willing to let me guest post on your site publicizing the book, that would be pretty awesome. Again, nothing needs to be done quite yet on this. That said, if you’re interested, drop me a note just so I know it’s a possibility.
- Finally, and probably most importantly, I’m absolute shit at advertising and promoting myself. If there is anyone who could provide me help in promoting my book — be that word of mouth, Twitter, Facebook, whatever it may be — I would be eternally grateful to you. Self-promotion is by far my biggest weakness as a blogger, so it’s with great humility that I ask people who suck less than me at this to teach me how to be less sucky and be more awesome.
That’s all I have for now. Hopefully this was an interesting update?