I have a new book! The book is called Kotov Syndrome and is book one in the Azaes Realm series. If you’ve reached this page, you probably want to know more about the book, which is great, as this page is an awesome place to start. Kotov Syndrome is my debut novel. It’s a sci-fi(ish) story that follows Erika Edens, a woman who is rebuilding her life from the poor decisions of her youth. Erika’s life is interrupted by the one-time love of her life, Abby, coming back into her life unexpectedly. The book follows their life having to live under the same roof as exes, but also in a world that is growing more hostile to Abby — a computer simulation that has developed its own consciousness and is implanted the body of an android — for who she is.
As we get closer to the book’s launch on January 23rd, 2021, I’ll have some additional links here with thank yous I have for people who helped me with the book. Check back then to see those posts.
What Readers Are Saying
It’s an easy read. Like not in a childish way, but some books just seem heavy and need breaks. I didn’t want to stop reading yours.
I read through it in 2 days on the first reading on my phone, so it is definitely not boring.
Abby and Erika feel very real and they both feel very…whole. It’s absolutely like getting a glimpse of full, real people with rich histories that, even if I don’t know them, they’re there.
The entirety of what I have written for Chapter 22 is “That… was terrifying”. SO. MANY. FEELINGS.
I do really like Erika’s character though. She seems very real, and very flawed, which is nice. Not a heroine, yet relatable.
- Title: Kotov Syndrome
- Series: Azaes Realm (Book 1)
- Genre: Drama, Science Fiction
- Release Date: January 23rd, 2021
- Trigger Warnings: Alcoholism, anxiety, bigotry, car accident, death, hate crimes, homophobia, intrusive thoughts, mental illness, racism, sexism, strong language, trauma/PTSD, violence
- Blurb: Erika Edens is panicking. Behind on her bills and stuck in a crappy job, she’s blindsided when ex-love-of-her-life Abby shows up needing a place to stay. This is the perfect situation for a second chance…
…except that Abby is a computer simulation in the body of an android. Battling the rising hostility of her world and the demons in her head, Erika struggles to come to terms with living in a country increasingly hostile to non-human entities. Can Erika adapt to life with her new roommate? Or will her troubles end any chance at reconciliation before it gets started?
Where to Buy – Ebook
Note: The price should be either $3.99 or $4.00 (USA). If it’s more than that, someone is marking the price up on you.
- Amazon | Amazon Canada | Amazon UK
- Apple Books
- Barnes & Noble
- Bertrand (Portugal)
- Bol.com (Netherlands)
- Booktopia (Australia)
- Fnac (Portugal)
- Hugendubel (Germany)
- Indigo Canada
- Gardners (UK)
- Kobo (NOTE: This link goes to the US store, but click the flag at the top of the page to change to your country’s Kobo store)
- Librerias Gandhi (Mexico)
- Orell Fussli (Switzerland)
- Rakuten Japan
- Thalia (Germany)
- Vroman’s Bookstore
- Weltbild (Germany)
- Wook (Portugal)
Where to Buy – Paperback
Note: The price should be $17.00 (USA). If it’s more than that, someone is marking the price up on you1For example, Chegg.com has this book available for pre-order for $20.99, while Alibris (not to be confused with Adlibris below) has it for $26.70. Don’t buy from them. They’re marking you up..